Transmission Repair and Replacement in Fort Lauderdale
We specialize in transmission replacement and offer transmission repair for cars, trucks and both foreign and / (“N domestic vehicles.
At Empire Auto Care we service all types of transmissions!
Our technicians know all about the latest transmission control systems, and they know how to weed out that external problems that can seem like a bad transmission right there in your Fort Lauderdale auto mechanic Shop.
Which means, when you bring your all wheel drive transmission problem to Empire Auto Care, you’ll never pay for a new transmission unless you really need one. That’s our promise to you.
Our transmission Repair and Transmission Replacement Fort Lauderdale Location
- Rebuilt Transmissions
- Transfer Case Repair
- Transmission Coolers
- Transmission Flush
Types of Transmissions
- 4X4 Transmissions
- All Wheel Drive Transmissions
- Automatic Transmissions
- CVT Transmissions
- Diesel Transmissions
- Manual Transmissions
- Axle Repair & Service
- Clutch Repair & Service
- CV Joint & CV Boot Replacement
- Differential Repair & Rebuild
Some Problems that indicate you need transmission repair or replacement service
- Check Engine Light: Should your check engine light come on, it is important that you have it diagnosed immediately. In today’s cars, the computer monitors every system in the car and will turn on the check engine light when it detects a problem. That problem can be engine related, but it can also be a problem with the transmission, the fuel system, or even the exhaust. When the computer senses a problem, it will set a code and revert to a limited operating condition. This means that your car will burn more gas, pollute the air a little more, and the transmission may not shift correctly. Not dealing with the warning could result in a need for transmission repair or transmission replacement.
- Fluid Leak: Having the proper amount of transmission fluid is essential to the normal operation of your car’s transmission. Transmission fluid has three main purposes: to transmit power, act as a heat exchanger, and lubricate. A transmission that is leaking fluid can have an adverse effect on any or all of these functions. 50, as soon as you detect a leak, it is important that you have the vehicle inspected to determine the source of the leak.
- Vehicle Will Not Move: If your vehicle will not move or if you are afraid to drive it any further, having it towed to our office in Fort Lauderdale is the most prudent thing to do. Why have your vehicle towed in to our office? Because the first thing we will do is identify why the vehicle stopped. We will check for proper fluid levels, make certain that all linkages and cables are connected, evaluate the electronics, and then make our recommendations for service. Those recommendations could range from an adjustment to replacing external parts to an internal inspection.
- Slipping Gears: You put the selector into the appropriate range and begin to move forward. Suddenly, you feel the engine racing and the transmission lagging behind. We see this symptom quite often but what is difficult to determine is what is causing the transmission to slip. Transmissions slip for a variety of reasons, including low fluid level, poor vacuum or a misadjusted or defective shift cable. When you are faced with this type of symptom, it is best to have it checked out by the professionals at our company’s name.
- Erratic Shifting: Erratic shifting is a relatively common symptom that our representative sees on a daily basis. As transmissions today are more complex, it is important not to condemn the transmission solely on the basis of the symptom you feel. Many times our customers call with what appears to be a serious problem and it turns out to be something simple. Low fluid level, cable adjustments, and electronics are just a few of the areas that need to be checked.